Michigan judge apologizes for wishing jail on man with weedy yard

HAMTRAMCK, MICH. --
A Detroit-area decide has apologized for wishing that she might ship a 72-year-old immigrant with most cancers to jail for a weedy property.


"I acted intemperately. I am very embarrassed that I did so," stated Alexis Krot, a decide in Hamtramck's District Court docket.


"I apologize to the one that appeared earlier than me and to our total neighborhood for having failed to fulfill the excessive requirements that we count on of our judicial officers, and that I count on of myself," Krot stated in a press release posted on the court docket's web site.


The assertion was dated Tuesday, days after she ordered Burhan Chowdhury to pay $100 for failing to do away with weeds and different vegetation on the rear of his property. The decide's apology adopted a TV report concerning the case and criticism about how she handled the person.


"Shameful! The neighbors mustn't have to take a look at that. You have to be ashamed of your self," Krot stated in the course of the on-line listening to. "If I might provide you with jail time on this, I'd."


Chowdhury, a local of Bangladesh, defined that he was weak with most cancers. A son, Shibbir Chowdhury, stated he helps his father with the yard however was overseas on the time final yr.


Krot stated she reported her habits to the Judicial Tenure Fee, a state watchdog over the judiciary.

  • Overgrown lawn

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post