An unvaccinated man who practically died with COVID has mentioned one of many first issues he did after being discharged from hospital was get a vaccine shot.

Andrew Pugh, 52, fell severely unwell with COVID and ended up being hospitalized in early December. He then spent weeks in intensive care and reportedly practically misplaced his life.

Pugh, from the U.Okay., was lastly discharged in January and has been recovering from his extreme COVID case at residence.

Quoted in numerous U.Okay. media shops, Pugh mentioned that he did not need anybody else to undergo the identical expertise he did and added: "I received launched from hospital and the very very first thing I did was have my jab. It is an enormous reduction to have the jab."

The dad of three mentioned that he would have had the vaccine as quickly as potential if he have been to return in time, however he had been postpone initially by studying anti-vaccine content material on Fb.

"I've received varicose veins in my legs and I might been studying what individuals had been placing on Fb about individuals dying with blood clots, and secondly I believed the vaccine was made too rapidly," he instructed native regional authorities physique Worcestershire County Council.

"The message is that I did not need the vaccine—look how I ended up, I ended up in hospital… so please, get your vaccines."

Following his launch from the hospital, Pugh has mentioned he continues to make use of medical tools at residence to help together with his respiratory. A photograph on Fb seems to indicate that he has been in a position to depart the home and buy groceries with the assistance of his household.

There have been a lot of instances wherein individuals have modified their stance on vaccines after changing into unwell with COVID.

A 26-year-old California lady, named as Wynter Ho by information outlet ABC 7, was discharged from the hospital this January after spending a number of months within the palms of medical employees on account of COVID problems.

She had first fallen unwell with the virus in July and was not vaccinated on the time, since she thought of herself wholesome and with none underlying medical circumstances.

"I really feel I used to be meant to catch it, to relay the message that younger individuals my age must get vaccinated," she instructed ABC 7 upon her launch.

And U.Okay. lady Saja Ali, 31, mentioned in January that having COVID "completely modified my thoughts" about vaccines after the virus left her mattress sure for weeks. She mentioned she had beforehand been a "full anti-vaxxer" on account of materials she'd learn on-line.

Person in hospital
A inventory picture reveals a health care provider or nurse holding palms with an individual in a hospital mattress. U.Okay. man Andrew Pugh has urged individuals to get a vaccine after being hospitalized with COVID.Ivan-balvan/Getty