A New York girl has gone viral on TikTok after sharing the horrifying encounter she skilled in Manhattan's Union Sq. Park.

In a video posted final week, which now has been seen over 1 million occasions, @shamsiaaaa exhibits footage of herself strolling away from a person who she says was following and threatening her.

"Please keep secure out right here it's not secure!!!!," she writes in textual content on the display screen. "I used to be minding my enterprise and one thing informed me to stroll away and I noticed I used to be being adopted."

Within the video, @shamsiaaaa exhibits the unidentified man strolling behind her.

"This grown man is following me and I acquired you on digicam that you just maintain following me and when you do one thing...," she is heard saying.

"B***h, I will knock you out," the person yells again.

In accordance with information launched by the New York Police Division on Thursday, crime in New York Metropolis noticed a significant spike final month rising nearly 40 p.c from January 2021 with a complete of 9,566 crimes being reported to authorities.

The info noticed crime charges enhance in each "main crime class" aside from homicide, which which fell by 15.2 p.c.

"The NYPD's leaders are working across the clock, in tandem with their federal and state regulation enforcement companions, and with town's 5 district attorneys, to plan complete crime combating measures, construct stable legal circumstances, and obtain significant penalties for crimes that tear on the cloth of town," stated a press release from the division.

Because the video continues, @shamsiaaaa captures the person persevering with to threaten her saying, "B***h, I will knock your f***ing enamel out, I will slit your f***ing throat, how about that?"

Individuals within the remark part of the video have been involved in regards to the habits exhibited within the video and requested her for an replace on how she was doing.

One particular person commented, "She was so scared and there have been so many individuals round her [sic] that's the scariest half to me that no person noticed that she wanted assist."

In a follow-up video, @shamsiaaaa shares extra context in regards to the occasions main as much as the moments she caught on digicam.

She explains that whereas sitting within the park she seen the person gazing her from throughout the best way.

Union Square Subway
A video has gone viral after a girl shared the horrifying encounter she had with a person in Union Sq. Park. Above, a picture exhibits a closed off Union Sq. Subway station after Hurricane Irene on August 27, 2011. Andrew Burton/Getty Pictures

"I used to be on my telephone, scrolling, and every time I regarded up he is me."

She stated he addressed her at one level asking if she was OK.

She continued her telephone, however the staring didn't cease and she or he started to really feel paranoid and began to hope.

"When he acquired up, one thing informed me to rise up, begin strolling and do not look again," she stated. "Then he comes and stands in entrance of me, so I transfer to the correct, he strikes to the correct. I transfer to the left, he strikes to the left."

She stated she continued to stroll and he continued to observe, which is when she began to document. Past what's heard within the video, he additionally threatened to "put a bullet by way of" the girl.

Ultimately, she stated, he stopped following her. She remarks that although some folks within the feedback on her video declare the person was homeless, she was not conscious of that.

"I used to be so scared," she stated.

Newsweek contacted @shamsiaaaa, however has not heard again in time for publication.