Makayla Noble, the 17-year-old who was paralyzed in a freak accident in September 2021, has returned to cheerleading six months after she suffered a extreme spinal wire damage.

On Saturday, the mom of the Prosper, Texas, resident posted on the Fb group Makayla's Struggle that her daughter had a "very large announcement" to make.

She then revealed that Noble, who was left paralyzed from the chest down following her accident and continues to be unable to stroll, had made the cheerleading crew at Prosper Excessive College.

"Makayla is a Prosper Varsity Cheerleader! She has been hiding this information all week of her making an attempt out for her Senior Yr!" the mom, Jenn Noble, stated on Fb.

"The week of tryouts did not come and not using a rollercoaster of feelings for Makayla however she is worked up to cheer once more, one thing she thought she would by no means do once more since her accident!" Jenn Noble stated. "We do not assume this could all be doable with out the prayers and help from this group, so thanks once more for all the time lifting Makayla up!"

The 17-year-old, beforehand a world champion cheerleader, documented her journey to turning into a part of her faculty's cheer crew once more in a YouTube video weblog.

Within the video, Makayla Noble stated it was "a lot enjoyable" to participate within the first public occasion as a Prosper Excessive College cheerleader for the 2022/2023 season. The occasion in query was a "hope stroll" to boost consciousness about suicide prevention.

"I simply need to say thanks for watching this video, it is positively been a rollercoaster of feelings, as you noticed," Noble stated. "However I believe the most important a part of it's that I labored by means of them and did not surrender and stored exhibiting up on daily basis and proceed to persevere and combat. And that is what it is all about."

Within the video, Noble, who requires the usage of a wheelchair, talked about her struggles when it got here to studying the routine for the cheer tryouts and adapting it for her disabilities.

"It is gonna take a while for my physique to study [the routine]," she stated at one level within the video weblog. "I do know it in my mind already, principally. However I need to change it somewhat bit clearly as a result of I am unable to do all of the footwork and spinning and all the things. So, I'll get up tomorrow and work on it."

Noble stated within the video that it had been troublesome to cope with not with the ability to do actions that she would have been capable of carry out earlier than her accident.

"I am already being so arduous on myself. My expectations for myself are so excessive as a result of I've been capable of do all these items for years," she stated.

"It is adapting [the routine] to my new physique. Can I do that? Completely. I'll go in a couple of hours and kill it. It is simply discovering the steadiness. Am I going to search out that steadiness in an hour? No, however I'll go and do the very best I can."

At one level within the video, Noble stated she had even suffered a "psychological breakdown" throughout her observe for the tryouts.

"I simply actually was struggling," she stated. "I went from being so assured and powerful and really assertive with my strikes to now struggling simply to get my arms up above this [level] and struggling to be robust with the motions and preserve my breath going and all the things. I used to be crying to my mother and my sister about it as a result of it simply actually shakes your confidence.

"I went from one stage, one model of myself to a very completely different model. And proper now I am being in comparison with people who find themselves on the different model of my stage. And it is simply irritating as a result of I do know I can do it. In my mind, I am nonetheless there however bodily I am not. And that sucks."

Noble stated she nonetheless loves cheerleading and nonetheless desires to do it, however she now has to observe "10 occasions extra" than different folks.

Makayla Noble
Makayla Noble, the Texas cheerleader who suffered a extreme spinal wire damage that left her paraylzed from the chest down. Cedarbook Media