Johnny Depp and ex-wife Amber Heard are persevering with to face off in a extremely publicized libel trial.

Depp, 58, has sued Heard, 35, for $50 million, saying she defamed him when she penned a 2018 op-ed in TheWashington Put up about being a survivor of home abuse.

Though the op-ed didn't point out Depp by title, his legal professionals stated it was clear Heard was referencing him and that it broken his status and profession. Heard's legal professionals have argued that her opinion piece was correct and did not defame him.

Right here, Newsweek rounds up 5 revelations from the previous week of the trial in Fairfax, Virginia.

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard
Johnny Depp testifies throughout his defamation trial within the Fairfax County Circuit Courthouse in Fairfax, Virginia, on April 19, 2022. Proper, actress Amber Heard stands on the Fairfax County Circuit Courtroom in Fairfax, Virginia, on April 18, 2022.Jim Watson/Steve Helber/Pool/AFP through Getty Pictures

Depp, Paul Bettany's Texts About 'Drowning' Heard

Heard's lawyer Ben Rottenborn confirmed the court docket textual content exchanges between Depp and WandaVision star Paul Bettany, together with one the place the actors joked about killing Heard.

"Let's burn Amber!!!" Depp wrote in a textual content from 2013. "I am undecided we must always burn Amber," Bettany wrote again. "She is pleasant firm and pleasing on the attention. We may after all do the English plan of action and carry out a drowning check. Ideas? You've got a swimming pool."

Depp replied: "Let's drown her earlier than we burn her!!! I'll f*** her burnt corpse afterwards to ensure she is useless."

Depp Accuses Heard of Defecating in Mattress

Depp advised the court docket that after he and Heard had an argument at her party again in April 2016, he needed to retrieve his belongings from their house whereas she was on the Coachella music pageant.

He stated his safety guard suggested in opposition to it and "confirmed me a photograph on his phone of... it was a photograph of our mattress, and on my aspect of the mattress, was human fecal matter."

Depp added: "It was so weird and so grotesque that I may solely chuckle."

Depp Particulars Gory Fingertip Incident

Depp testified that Heard threw a big bottle of vodka at him throughout a battle whereas the previous couple was in Australia, which resulted within the tip of his finger being severed.

The actor described writing on the partitions along with his personal blood earlier than calling his physician, and stated he had beforehand lied concerning the occasions of the night to guard Heard.

"She threw the big bottle and it made contact [with the bar] and shattered in every single place. I actually did not really feel the ache at first," Depp stated.

"I felt warmth, and I felt as if one thing have been dripping down my hand after which I seemed down and realized the tip of my finger had been severed and I used to be trying immediately at my bone protruding."

Heard has disputed these claims, saying that Depp minimize his fingertip himself throughout a three-day bender.

Heard Admits Hitting Depp Whereas 'on Ambien'

In a recording performed to the court docket on Wednesday, Depp could be heard asking his former spouse if she had "misplaced reminiscence" about "kicking" in a rest room door earlier than allegedly hitting him "within the cranium."

"I used to be upset, there was loads occurring and I used to be on an Ambien," Heard responded. "Why are you obsessing over the very fact I can't keep in mind the way in which you're remembering it? I stated I used to be sorry. I am not denying it."

Depp's legal professionals performed quite a lot of audio recordings of arguments between the previous couple.

"I am sorry that I did not hit you throughout the face in a correct slap," Heard says in a single clip. "I used to be hitting you, I used to be not punching you. You are not punched."

"Do not inform me what it feels wish to be punched," Depp replied.