Chris Rock on Friday evening refused to speak in regards to the second he was slapped by Will Smith on stage on the 2022 Oscars ceremony.

"I am OK, I've an entire present and I am not speaking about that till I receives a commission. Life is sweet. I acquired my listening to again," the comic and presenter stated throughout his present at Fantasy Springs on Friday evening, in response to the California-based Desert Solar newspaper.

Rock was struck by Smith through the March 27 Academy Awards ceremony after the comic made a joke about Smith's spouse, Jada Pinkett Smith, who suffers from alopecia—an autoimmune situation that causes hair loss.

Chris Rock struck by Will Smith
Actor Will Smith (R) slaps comic Chris Rock on stage through the 94th Oscars on the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on March 27, 2022. Rock on Friday evening refused to debate the incident. ROBYN BECK/AFP/Getty Photos

Rock joked that Pinkett Smith ought to star in G.I. Jane 2 due to her look. He was making reference to the 1997 movie G.I. Jane during which actress Demi Moore shaved her head.

"Jada, I really like ya. G.I. Jane 2, cannot wait to see ya," Rock stated on the 94th Academy Awards.

Smith then abruptly stood up from his seat and slapped Rock throughout the face onstage, earlier than returning to his seat and yelling, "Maintain my spouse's identify out your f**king mouth."

Avoiding dialogue of the Will Smith slap, Rock's set on Friday consisted of jokes in regards to the Kardashians, Meghan Markle, and Hillary Clinton in response to the newspaper.

Rock had briefly addressed the controversial incident at a sold-out present in Boston, Massachusetts, on March 30.

"How was YOUR weekend?" Rock requested the group at Boston's Wilbur Theatre. "I am nonetheless processing what occurred, so in some unspecified time in the future I will speak about that sh*t."

Rock instructed the group that when he did determine to speak in regards to the incident, it might be humorous but additionally critical.

"It will be critical. It will be humorous, however proper now I'll inform some jokes," Rock stated.

"Let me be all misty and sh*t," Rock continued. "I haven't got a bunch of sh*t to say about that, so in case you got here right here for that...I had written an entire present earlier than this weekend."

Smith, who received an Oscar for King Richard on the ceremony, has publicly apologized for the incident.

"I wish to publicly apologize to you, Chris," Smith stated in a press release on March 28. "I used to be out of line and I used to be unsuitable. I'm embarrassed and my actions weren't indicative of the person I wish to be. There is no such thing as a place for violence in a world of affection and kindness."

The Academy of Movement Image Arts and Sciences on Friday introduced that Smith has been banned from all Academy occasions, together with the Oscars, for 10 years, over the slapping incident.

"I settle for and respect the Academy's resolution," Smith stated in a press release, responding to information of the decade-long ban.