Kim Kardashian has praised a court docket's determination to delay the execution of Melissa Lucio.

"Greatest information ever!" Kardashian wrote on Twitter. "Melissa Lucio has been on dying row for over 14 years for her daughter's dying that was a tragic accident. She is getting a listening to on her claims for her case & has been granted a keep of execution by the Texas Court docket of Felony Appeals."

The court docket on Monday granted a request from Lucio's attorneys for a keep of execution so a decrease court docket can assessment her claims that new proof would exonerate her.

Lawmakers, celebrities and even some jurors who sentenced her to dying had known as for Lucio's execution to be halted.

"I thank God for my life. I've at all times trusted in Him. I'm grateful the court docket has given me the prospect to stay and show my innocence," Lucio mentioned in a press release.

"Mariah is in my coronary heart at the moment and at all times. I'm grateful to have extra days to be a mom to my kids and a grandmother to my grandchildren. I'll use my time to assist deliver them to Christ. I'm deeply grateful to everybody who prayed for me and spoke out on my behalf."

Kim Kardashian and Melissa Lucio
Texas Division of Felony Justice through AP/Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage

Lucio had been set for deadly injection Wednesday for the 2007 dying of her 2-year-old daughter Mariah.

Prosecutors have maintained the lady was the sufferer of abuse, however Lucio's attorneys say she died from accidents sustained in a fall down a steep staircase a number of days earlier than she died.

"It could have shocked the general public's conscience for Melissa to be put to dying based mostly on false and incomplete medical proof for a criminal offense that by no means even occurred," Vanessa Potkin, the director of particular litigation on the Innocence Venture and one in all Lucio's attorneys, mentioned in a press release to Newsweek.

"All the new proof of her innocence has by no means earlier than been thought-about by any court docket. The Court docket's keep permits us to proceed preventing alongside Melissa to overturn her wrongful conviction."

Tivon Schardl, a federal defender who additionally represents Lucio, added: "We all know that Melissa's kids—Mariah's brothers and sisters—and Mariah's grandparents, aunts and uncles are all relieved and grateful that Melissa's life is not going to be taken by the State of Texas.

"And we imagine the court docket honored Mariah's reminiscence as a result of Melissa is harmless. Melissa is entitled to a brand new, truthful trial. The folks of Texas are entitled to a brand new, truthful trial."

Replace 4/26/22, 2:55 a.m. ET: This text has been up to date so as to add an image.