The Los Angeles Lakers confronted vital criticism on-line after a loss to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday evening that makes them ineligible for the NBA play-in event.

Whereas there are three video games for the Lakers remaining within the common season, even when they win all of these, they will not be capable of transfer from their eleventh desk place to switch the San Antonio Spurs within the tenth spot.

The 2022 Los Angeles Lakers have proved disappointing for each followers and analysts, who had excessive hopes for the mixed abilities of Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony.

"This Lakers crew not making the playoffs is among the Largest Disappointments in NBA Historical past," former participant and analyst Kendrick Perkins wrote on Twitter.

"It is one factor to underachieve within the Playoffs however to not make it in any respect is ridiculous. Keep it up."

"The largest failure in NBA historical past," the Lakers Lead sports activities media web page wrote in a tweet.

"The Los Angeles Lakers have been eradicated from playoff competition. Properly me and [Lebron James] have one factor in widespread this season, watching the NBA playoffs at house. On the brighter facet, yeah he in all probability has an even bigger television," Sports activities journalist Aisha Nassanga joked in a tweet.

Sports activities author Andrew Hammond additionally made jokes on the Lakers expense whereas posting a gif of a person excitedly consuming popcorn.

"Me all season: Guys, this Lakers crew is horrible, we all know this. Let's cease treating their video games just like the roasting portion of a funeral," he wrote in his tweet.

"Me tonight: Alright, let's watch the ultimate days of the 2021-22 Los Angeles Lakers."

One of many predominant criticisms levied on the crew was their lack of ability to remain wholesome and compete throughout the common season. Feedback had been largely focused at star heart Anthony Davis, who lately hit again towards his critics.

"That is what I've realized about accidents: Final yr once I wasn't enjoying, individuals had been saying 'AD's giving up on his crew. It is the playoffs. AD has to play," Davis instructed the Los Angeles Instances in an interview.

"And once I went on the market to play, obtained harm once more, they mentioned, 'Who was his coach? Who let him play?"

"So, what the f*** would you like me to do? After I play, it is an issue. It is an issue once I do not play.

"On the finish of the day, I've obtained to do what's finest for me and the way my physique feels."

Westbrook has additionally responded to his critics who've taken to calling him "Westbrick" for his poor capturing percentages this season.

In early March, Westbrook addressed the misuse of his title and the influence it's having on his household throughout a post-game interview.

"It is very unlucky only for me personally as a result of that is only a sport. It is not the top all be all. With regards to basketball, I do not thoughts the criticism of lacking and making photographs, however the second it turns into the place my title is getting shamed, it turns into a problem," he mentioned.

He added: "For instance, 'Westbrick,' to me is now shaming. It is shaming my title, my legacy for my youngsters. It is a title meaning, not simply to me, however to my spouse, to my mother, my dad, those that type of paved the way in which for me."

With the Lakers now out of the play-in event, both the Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Clippers might be enjoying the San Antonio Spurs or New Orleans Pelicans, for the ultimate spots within the playoffs.

Lebron James Lakers
LeBron James #6, Anthony Davis #3 and Russell Westbrook #0 of the Los Angeles Lakers react throughout the second half towards Golden State Warriors at Staples Heart on October 19, 2021, in Los Angeles, California. Following the loss to the Phoenix Suns, Lebron James' Lakers have been met with vital criticism as they're now ineligible for the NBA play-in event.Kevork Djansezian/Getty Pictures