'My Mama is a Superhero': Daughter inspires Moose Jaw woman to write children's book about her wheelchair, disabilities


A Moose Jaw lady has written a ebook to assist clarify wheelchairs and disabilities to youngsters.


Lindsey Stephenson’s preliminary inspiration to jot down “My Mama is a Tremendous Hero” got here after a bedtime dialog along with her younger daughter Ella.


“We had been simply chatting about her day at college when she [my daughter] recounted a dialog with one other little one who requested about my wheelchair and incapacity,” Stephenson stated in an interview with CTV Morning Reside Regina.


“[My daughter] talked about to them that in her eyes my incapacity was extra of a superpower and my wheelchair is one thing I would like to make use of because of that.”


One other motivation for Stephenson to jot down her ebook was the shortage of characters in mainstream media and tales with disabilities.


“After I was rising up I didn’t have any books with characters that I might relate to,” she stated.


Stephenson additional believes books like hers can be a chance to introduce younger youngsters to range and inclusion at an early age.


“I feel it may assist them be extra accepting and understand that now we have extra in frequent than we do in another way,” she stated.


Stephenson stated the story relies on her total household and late pet canine who handed away final yr.


“I've to say although that Ella is the true superhero for having had this dialogue with a buddy of hers and having the ability to clarify range and inclusion in the way in which that she did. I'm simply the proud mother who will get to inform her story,” Stephenson stated.


“My Mama is a Superhero” is at the moment accessible on Amazon.


Stevenson stated anybody who desires to debate range and inclusion or the ebook itself can attain out by way of her web site, Lindseycstephenson.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post