An Oklahoma granted her dying father his final want by reuniting him together with his organic father in a "heartbreaking" video name simply days earlier than he handed away.

Brandi Guicciardini, 33, reunited the pair on Could 7 after they'd been aside for practically 60 years.

She was capable of finding her paternal grandfather after submitting her father's pre-adoption start certificates and ancestry take a look at this yr. She mentioned she nonetheless speaks to the 81-year-old on daily basis and her household are planning on visiting him at Christmas to unfold her father's ashes collectively.

Brandi Guicciardini and dad
Brandi Guicciardini and her father, Robert Hadley Reinhart Jr.Brandi Guicciardini through Zenger

The mother-of-one mentioned she hopes her father's story will encourage different adopted kids to "by no means hand over find their roots."

Guicciardini, from Oklahoma Metropolis, mentioned: "The one factor my father at all times wished to know was who his organic dad and mom have been.

"He had been sick since December 2021 - it began with breaking his ribs when he was coughing.

"He was additionally in remission from most cancers after being identified again in 2009 with persistent lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and lymphoma.

"Then in February this yr he developed COVID-19 and pneumonia.

"Whereas he was hospitalized, he caught COVID-19 for a second time and ended up with pneumonia once more.

"Throughout this time I remembered that my dad nonetheless did not know who his organic father was."

Guicciardini's father was born in August 1964 and positioned for adoption at start. His start identify was James Edward Odell, however when he was adopted he grew to become Robert "Bobby" Hadley Reinhart Jr.

Reinhart served within the Military from 1982 to 1986 and was deployed to Grenada when the Caribbean island was invaded by the US.

Guicciardini, who homeschools kids as a residing, mentioned: "It wasn't till my Dad obtained a bit older that he began to surprise the place he got here from however he was by no means capable of finding his organic dad and mom."

Brandi Guicciardini and dad
Brandi Guicciardini reunited her dad, Robert Reinhart Jr., together with his organic father, Robert Stratton (backside), through a video name on Could 7 after they'd been aside for practically 60 years.Brandi Guicciardini through Zenger

On January 15, 2020, the New York state legislature handed new laws which allowed adopted residents to search out their organic dad and mom.

Guicciardini described the method earlier than the laws as "nearly inconceivable."

She mentioned: "9 out of 10 occasions the state denies your request as an adopted baby - however opening pre-adopted information opens the doorways for therefore many individuals to search out out about their organic households."

New York is certainly one of solely 10 states to permit adoptees unrestricted entry to their start certificates.

The next yr, Guicciardini was in a position to pay for her dad's unique pre-adopted start certificates, which talked about his mom's identify, Barbara Corridor, however not his father's.

Guicciardini mentioned: "We have been capable of finding my Dad's half brothers via Barbara's identify however sadly she handed away again in 1999."

At the moment, Guicciardini's father had been out and in of hospital for 3 months, so she determined to submit her personal ancestry take a look at on March 10.

After a lot looking out, Guicciardini was in a position to decide that her granddad - her dad's organic father - was Robert Stratton, who resided in Bennington, Vermont.

Guicciardini mentioned: "We discovered that we shared 19 p.c of the identical DNA, and I used to be lastly in a position to get in contact with Grandpa via the Ancestry website.

"I ended up talking with him on FaceTime and instructed him about our genetic match and he mentioned, 'Properly, DNA do not lie - you are my grandkid!'

"It was unbelievable - I used to be fully over the moon and instantly I wished to get my dad on the telephone together with his actual father.

"I needed to do it - I wasn't going to let him down."

Guicciardini, on a race in opposition to time, was decided to carry the long-lost father and son collectively.

"Dad was staying at Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care on Could 7 and I managed to get them each on a video chat," she mentioned.

"It was fairly fast due to Daddy's respiratory points - however that was his final want earlier than he handed.

"My grandfather began crying and instructed my dad, 'I want I'd've met you 50 years in the past.'

"He by no means knew about my dad, and I actually imagine if he did he would not have let him get adopted, he would have raised him himself.

"My father replied saying, 'Properly, Dad, my lungs are solely working at 5 p.c and my kidneys are shutting down - my coronary heart is dying. I am not going to have the ability to come up and meet you however Brandi, Mother, and JoJo will go to'.

"Grandad mentioned it was okay and they'd 'meet someday.'

"Then my Dad needed to get off the telephone with a coughing match - and that was the primary - and final - time they ever obtained to talk.

"I felt my coronary heart break."

Sadly, Guicciardini's father handed away only a few days afterward Could 12 at simply 57 years outdated.

Guicciardini recalled fond recollections together with her father, from fishing to gathering meals within the woods.

She mentioned: "Dad confirmed us the right way to eat recent corn in the event you get misplaced within the woods: you possibly can eat bark from black liquorish timber!

"He was a mechanic - so it is ironic that when he got here again from the hospice he handed away in a storage as a result of that is the place he spent most of his life!

"One among my fondest recollections is him educating me the right way to do an oil change - however I forgot to place the plug in so all of the oil got here out - we laughed a lot that day."

Guicciardini's father and mom, Mary Reinhart, met at a Northeast truck cease in 1987.

Mary fondly remembered the second, "as if it was yesterday."

The widow mentioned: "I used to be engaged to a different individual on the time who had left me in a automotive when it was chilly and windy - it was lower than 0 levels and I used to be freezing!

"Bob was strolling previous and noticed me lighting up a cigarette within the automotive - and the remaining is historical past."

Guicciardini hopes that her father's story will encourage different adopted kids to "by no means hand over."

She mentioned: "If you're adopted and also you wish to know your roots, do not hand over. You by no means know until you strive."

"Even on his dying mattress my daddy by no means gave up - so we fought to the top too."

Guicciardini, her son and her mom are planning on visiting their newfound member of the family in Vermont at Christmastime.

"Grandad goes to take us as much as the mountains and we'll scatter a few of Dad's ashes there - that manner my dad's at all times there defending him."

This story was supplied to Newsweek by Zenger Information.