MISSED OPPORTUNITY? Redblacks receiver Jaelon Acklin: 'It starts with me'

HAMILTON – After Ottawa Redblacks receiver Jaelon Acklin scored a touchdown in the first three minutes of Saturday’s 25-23 loss to the Tiger-Cats, he jogged past the Hamilton bench, talking a bit of smack toward his old teammates.

As the game went along, there was more chatter – going both ways. Acklin, who was a Ticat for two seasons before signing with the Redblacks as a free agent, had a nice game. Six catches for 118 yards. But as he pointed out later, it wasn’t enough. Not from him. Not from the team, especially offensively.

“That’s how I always play, I’m not going to change,” said Acklin. “Hamilton is the place that gave me my opportunity. But I used to run with those guys; they’re good people, I’m still friends with them. I scored a touchdown and I wanted to talk to a little trash. But a loss is a loss. I’m sure I’ll hear about it. I’m sure some of them will text me.

“We’re 0-5, we have to change something. It starts with me. I’ll be the first one in and try to be the last to leave. We had a chance to put the game away and we didn’t. We have to find a way.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post