Barrie PSW reflects on his battle with COVID-19


A former PSW at a Roberta Place in Barrie is reflecting on his battle with COVID-19 one yr later.


Edwin Ng, a former PSW on the Barrie long-term care house, spent 5 months in hospital with COVID-19.


In late 2020, a COVID-19 outbreak tore by means of the long-term care house with 200 infections and claimed the lives of 71 residents.


Ng examined optimistic for the virus three days after receiving his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.


"Once I completed my shift round 10, I began feeling sick, and I had the signs," Edwin mentioned. "I believed it was simply due to the unintended effects of the shot, nevertheless it received worse, and I by no means regarded again. I developed fevers and chills and whatnot."


Edwin mentioned he discovered his well being was steadily declining.


"That day after I informed my spouse, I went down and mentioned 'I am unable to breathe anymore,'" Edwin explains.


Edwin's spouse, Samantha, went to name the ambulance.


"I mentioned to her you realize if I'll be going now, it is going to be some time earlier than I might come again," he mentioned.


Edwin was taken to Royal Victoria Regional Well being Centre (RVH) and was then transported to Toronto Common Hospital, the place he was put into an induced coma.


Edwin credit his survival to his religion and the help of his household and mates. Nonetheless to this present day, Edwin is immunocompromised.


"He is by no means going to be the identical. It is life-changing," Samantha mentioned. "There's all the time that threat of being immunosuppressed now, he cannot get sick. Now we have to be additional cautious round him. We won't carry something house."


Edwin says he's involved in regards to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions that would put lives like his in peril.


"With out sporting masks, with none safety. It is too quickly. It is too quickly."


Edwin is taking issues in the future at a time.


"I am all the time eager about trying on the optimistic aspect. A minimum of I am with the household. It could possibly be worse. God gave me an opportunity to increase my life." 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post