I have been an EV (electrical car) and automotive fanatic for a few years. My first EV was the Tesla Mannequin X round eight years in the past, and I've had Teslas ever since.

I sustain with the entire nice expertise and evolution on this house, and I feel Lucid has emerged as essentially the most pioneering of all the brand new gamers. So I have been monitoring the corporate for a few years now.

Somebody dropped off from ordering a Efficiency, so I used to be capable of sneak in and place my order. When the order was prepared, I picked it up at their Millbrae, California studio, which is near my house.

It exceeded my expectations. The efficiency is unimaginable. It has 1,111 horsepower and it accelerates like nothing else I've seen. The steering and dealing with is superior to some other EV that I've pushed.

2022 Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance
Tech government Andre Haddad together with his 2022 Lucid Air Dream Version Efficiency.Turo

It has totally different driving modes, Easy, Swift and Dash. I largely drive it in Easy mode, which already delivers an incredible degree of efficiency and acceleration.

One among my favourite locations to drive within the Bay Space is Freeway 35, which is true subsequent to the Santa Cruz Mountains. It is a phenomenal place to drive and expertise the capabilities of the automotive. There's winding roads, twists and turns and sharp corners.

I've pushed it on highways, small roads and on roads in numerous ranges of restore and upkeep and it is a remarkably balanced automotive. It is each comfy and interesting on the identical time. I've owned an Audi R8 and I personal a Ferrari 458, and the steadiness is outstanding on the Lucid.

I anticipate the software program to evolve fairly a bit to be extra full. That comes with the territory of desirous to drive and personal a pioneering new model. For instance, there is not any method you possibly can mute the GPS instructions. That is fairly annoying.

2022 Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance
The Efficiency variant boasts 1,111 horsepower.Turo

The software program may even should be sooner to just remember to can get entry to the totally different elements of the menus with out ready there. I am positive they'll focus a few of their efforts on each finishing the suite of software program options in addition to making it higher-performing.

I can not stand the driving force help options. I prefer to drive.

Charging has been fairly seamless. It comes with three years of free charging at Electrify America stations. For those who cost at 150 kilowatts, it takes roughly 45 to 55 minutes to fill it up fully if it is from zero and also you wish to go as much as one hundred pc.

I attempt to keep away from the 50-kilowatt chargers as a result of they'd take too lengthy. And I have not discovered any 350-kilowatt chargers close to my home, so I will be looking out for these once we journey with the automotive.

I would say it is palms down the most effective EV in the marketplace at present. And I am excited to share it with the neighborhood on Turo. I do know there are loads of automotive fanatics on Turo, so I am excited to see the look on everybody's faces after they begin driving it.

For those who can afford it, you will be extremely impressed with this automotive's efficiency.

Andre Haddad is a tech government in California. He is the CEO of Turo, a car-sharing platform. All views expressed within the article are the creator's personal, as advised to Newsweek's James McCandless.

Have a model new automotive and wish to speak about your first month of possession? Attain out at j.mccandless@newsweek.com.